Congratulations and Welcome to the First Step in Navigating a Successful Building Project:
The first step in every successful building project is understanding your project needs and options.
While embarking on a new projects most people have lots of questions in mind and are usually not privy to the available options for a successful and satisfactory building project and process.
Choosing an Architect isn’t easy too. Your project is a big investment. With this in mind, We have detailed the options and scenarios available to help you navigate the starting up phase.
It is not uncommon for people to know what they want to build, and have thought about it quite a bit – but just don’t know how best to start, launch into expensive design services without carefully establishing the groundwork and correct parameters for their project.
“A surgeon wouldn’t operate without a proper diagnosis, so… ”
The initial step of NEEDS ASSESSMENT & FEASIBILITY REPORT works in the same way.
It will allow you to start an exploration process designed to precisely understand your requirements, potentials and possible roadblocks, then gives:
- Findings and Recommendations;
- A Plan to move forward;
- A Timeline and Rough Order of Cost.
We developed this process as we came across many clients and projects which lacked a clear understanding of the implications with respect to design and cost feasibility.
We saw the issue in these projects, of people starting design and construction BEFORE they had fully done their research and homework. BEFORE they had critiqued their ideas.
We think this applies across the construction industry with people trying to run before they have mastered the walk.
The consequence of inadequate upfront research of needs and options is like… building a house on a bad foundation.
The foundations are the most important part of the whole house, because everything is built upon it.
It’s very expensive to change the foundations once you have started to build upwards. But it’s very easy to change if they are simply lines on a plan.
So… we spend a little more time on the research than most other firms who rush their clients into the design phase.
Here are a few questions and facts to consider when planning your new project & Options to consider
- How clear are you on exactly what you need?
- How aware are you of the various options your site will accommodate?
- How confident are you that you are aware of all the legal and state planning requirement?
- How aware are you of the process you will need to have in place to get the project completed on time and on budget?
- How confident are you that your budget will achieve your needs?
WHY NEEDS ASSESSMENT AND FEASIBILITY REPORT (NAFR)?
When considering building, remodeling or addition to you home, NEEDS REPORT – With IMarcpro Architects is the first step.
- Obtain a registered architect’s opinion on the feasibility of the project, one who is experienced in the type of project you’re facing, with minimal initial investment.
- Produce an outline brief that provides the “DNA” for future work, detailing rooms, connections, orientation etc…
- Discuss potential solutions at a high level that encourages ongoing testing of ideas – “Design Thinking”
- Review and research local zoning requirement and building codes
- Discuss the ‘looks and feel’ of a potential scheme
- Discuss the functional viability of the project, your ideas and defining scope of services needed.
- Discuss and review preliminary rough order of cost estimate of construction for budgetary usage
- Discuss options and relative fees to perform various architectural services, based on the established scope of work.
It starts with a strategy, designed to precisely understand your specific situation and requirements, and then give findings and recommendations, a plan to move forward with a timeline and rough order of cost, to assist with your budget outlook.
What do you get?
With minimum initial investment you can expect to receive the services, briefly outlined below:
- Meet on-site & discuss the project
- Review current functions & design
- Building and zoning code review and research
- Clarify issues; discuss options and current thinking
- Clarify project aims & vision; themes & drivers
- You provide: existing site & background information (plans, survey, photos, etc)
- Explore potential spatial relationships, connections & orientation options
- Meet, present and discuss options
- Project cost estimates and projected timelines
- Credit for this service will apply to your total design fees.
Have A Project in Mind?
SIGN UP FOR THE NEED REVIEW SESSION
Whatsapp Link – +234 09098869554
Let’s Take Your Dream From Concept To Reality. iMarcPro architects provide effective building designs, space planning, interior design, project management, and construction solutions.
TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | LINKEDIN | YOUTUBE | CONTACT US